What data do we collect?
Depending on what services you use we may process the following personal data:
- Contact details provided by you, including first name, last name, email address, and phone number.
- Professional email address and job title
- Login information provided by you, including user-id and authentication credentials as well as personal device identifiers.
- Information provided by you when communicating with us by email, web forms, or contact us by mail, phone or other offline means.
- Data collected automatically from your device, including access log information such as timestamps and IP addresses, and how you use our Website and Service.
- Information on how you use the Service and Website as well as other websites and apps, if you allow cookies used for marketing and/or analytics purposes.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing the Service. In order to access and use the Service you need to create a user account. We collect your contact information to create and verify your user account. This processing is necessary in order to provide the Service and to fulfill our contractual obligations in our User Terms or another contract regarding the provisioning of the Service, as applicable.
- Invoicing. If you are a representative of a legal entity that has entered into an agreement with us regarding our provision of the Service, we need to process your contact information for invoicing and accounting purposes. This processing is necessary for the performance of contract between us and the legal entity that you represent.
- Administration. We process your contact details, information provided in communication and automatically collected data for internal administration and customer management purposes. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to administer and govern out company.
- Sending newsletters. If you have signed up for our Service or sign up for our newsletter on our Website we will send you updates about news we think might interest you, such as the release of new features. You may at any time choose to unsubscribe through the settings of your user account, or by using the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in each newsletter. If you are a customer to us this processing is based on our legitimate interest to market our Service and new features to existing customers. If you are not a customer the processing is based on your consent.
- Contacting prospects. For the purposes of promoting iotcomms.io and its Services, iotcomms.io may advertise its Services and reach out to prospective customers to offer demos, quotes and more information on the Services. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to market and grow our business. You may opt out of such communications by us at any time by unsubscribing from communications.
- Protecting our Service. We may use personal data when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with iotcomms.io or the Service. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to protect our Service and our company.
Who do we share your data with?
We use certain partners to help us provide, improve, promote, and protect our Service. For example, we use suppliers to manage support, to analyze Website traffic and for data storage on our behalf. In order for our partners to perform their services, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your data with them. These suppliers may only use your personal data in accordance with our instructions and we only share such data that is required to perform the service in question. We do not sell any personal data to partners or any other third parties.
We may also share personal data with authorities or other third parties when required by law or regulations or when it is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Service.
International transfers of personal data
We transfer personal data to service providers located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer or enable our partners to transfer or store your personal data in a country outside of the EEA, we will take the adequate technical and organizational security measures to ensure that your data is processed with a corresponding level of security as within the EEA. Such actions may include signing EU Model Clauses together with additional security measures, such as encryption procedures, in case the recipient’s country of establishment is not recognized as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data.
For how long do we keep your data?
We will store your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary for the purposes we collected the data for and to comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. Please note, that we are legally required to retain certain information after fulfilling the main objective for which we collected the information. For example, we are required by law to store invoicing information for a certain period of time for accounting purposes.
You always have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your data. You always have the right to understand what personal information we collect and share. You have the right to ask us for supplementary information on why we process your data, what data we process, how long we store your data (or what criteria we use for determining the storage period), who we share your data with, and where your data is processed.
- The right to correct inaccurate information. You always have the right to correct or ask us to correct any inaccurate data about you.
- The right to request erasure or restriction of your data. You have the right to have us erase or restrict the use of your data that is no longer needed for the purposes for which we collected the data. You also have a right to object to any processing you find unlawful or unnecessary for the informed purposes.
- The right to information on the source of data we collect. You have a right to get information on the source of information that is not provided by you and about automated decision-making, such as profiling.
- The right to data portability. When technically possible, you have the right to get your data transferred to another service.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
Please note that there may be restrictions for us to erase certain personal data, such as personal data we are required to store by law or regulations.
If you want to exercise your rights or have questions regarding our processing of your personal data, we kindly ask you to contact us over email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right, at any time, to file a complaint to the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (https://www.imy.se), which is the supervisory authority for data protection matters in Sweden.
When you first visit our Website, you will be requested to set your cookie preferences. You can choose to allow all cookies, including analytics and marketing cookies, or to only enable certain types of cookies.
- Ensure the basic functionality of the Website
- Maintain the security of the Website
- Analyze the use of our Website, our Service and newsletters and help us make them more user friendly through the collection of aggregate information on how you interact with these services and which sections you click.
- Promote the Service on other websites, applications and social media platforms, to create user audiences for marketing purposes, to display targeted advertisement and to measure how users interact with our advertisement. This may include profiling and the use of machine learning and other techniques over your data and in some cases using third parties to do this.
Some cookies are necessary for the Website to function as intended, and these will be installed automatically on your device based on our legitimate interest to provide you with a functioning and safe Website. Other cookies, such as those used for analytics and marketing purposes, will only be installed if you allow us to use such cookies when visiting our Website (as part of selecting your cookies preferences). This processing is based on your consent and you can at any time change your preferences and withdraw your consent by clicking “Cookie settings” in the footer.
For California and Nevada residents
According to the CCPA, in addition to the right to be informed of the purposes for which we process your data, you have the right to be informed of which categories of personal information we have disclosed for business purposes during the preceding year. During the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Professional contact information
- Data collected automatically from your device, including access log information such as timestamps and how you use our Website and Service.
IOT Communications International AB
Magnus Ladulåsgatan 13
118 65 Stockholm, Sweden
Modern CPaaS built cloud-native from ground up – we run the operations for you so you can focus on your customers’ experience.
Built for mission critical alarm, voice & video services – delivering superior reliability, security and availability.
Built with serverless functions in AWS for unlimited scale, reach and global deployment – extend to new markets quick and easy.
Magnus Ladulåsgatan 13, 118 65 Stockholm, Sweden